Steve Irwin - The Crocodile Hunter

I first heard about the Crocodile Hunter from my 80 year old grandmother. She stays in a small town in Kerala, watches mostly Malayalam TV channels. For her to discover Steve Irwins' programme, and to continue watching it regularly, only conveys the effect he had on the millions of viewers of his TV programmes. For me, this incident explains the massive outpouting of grief when the popular person met his tragic end a year ago.

I confess that I personally was not completely fascinated by the programme. I prefer the old fashioned David Attenborough kind of nature programmes to the modern trend of action packed 'live' shows. But I do know that certain people exude that special something, that draws audiences, young and old, across the globe, to their art, and Steve had that something.

The world misses you, Steve.

Comments

Popular Posts