Rediscovering Led Zeppelin

As I was wondering what music to play on Friday evening, my eyes drifted towards my 4 CD set of Led Zeppeling Remastered (by Jimmy Page himself). Being a large boxed set, this one does not fit into my CD Racks. And during the course of regular household cleaning, it had slowly settled into relative obscurity behind my CD stand!

I put in the first CD into my old Philips DVD player, adjusted my Onkyo amplifier, and settled down in front of my entry level Jamo floor standing speakers. The trademark opening notes of "Whole Lotta Love" set the tone for the rest of the hour. Next up was "Heartbreaker", and as the song progressed, I was drifting closer to musical heaven. Has there ever been a more innovative group than the one composed on Robert Plan on vocals, Jimmy Page on guitar, John Paul Jones on bass and John Bonham on the drums? I don't think so. Will there ever be? I don't think so either!

Comments

Popular Posts