Spanish Football League - Read Madrid / Barcelona / Sevilla???

The Spanish Primera Liga continues to enthrall. I was up till 2 AM last Saturday, watching the Real Madrid vs. Zaragoza encounter. Just as it seemed that Real Madrid would lose the match (and the title), they equalised via that goal poatcher No. 1 - Rudd van Nistelrooy. I must confess that I was never a fan of Rudd during his Manchester United days. But the way he is performing for Real Madrid is forcing me to change my opinion!

At just the same time that Rudd was scoring his valuable goal, Barcelona lost 2 points when Espanyol scored their second goal to draw their encounter with Barcelona. Sevilla, the third contender for the league title also drew their encounter. So all three teams enter the last weekend with a chance of winning, though Real Madrid are the favourites. Unfortunately, I might not get to watch the season finale and I have to travel to Chennai on work.

Just a couple of days before this match, I read an article in a business magazine which said that tennis and soccer are catching up in terms of TV viewing popularity with cricket. Admittedly, this is among the elite, but this is a trend that will slowly, but surely, percolate down to the masses. And the mess that Indian cricket finds itself in today is definitely not helping crickets' cause.

Comments

Popular Posts